International Student Scholarships: September 2016 Entry
There are 18 St Mary's International Student Scholarships available to new, full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught degree students.
The scholarships are open to prospective full-time students in any subject area.
You can apply for a St Mary's Scholarship award if you are an international student (Non-EU) and have an offer of a place on a degree programme at St Mary's University for 2016/17 entry.
In order to be considered you must submit:
- A certified copy of your most recent qualification along with an official transcript from the institution it was awarded by.
- A personal statement, no more than 500 words in length, outlining your study and career objectives and how you would contribute to St Mary's and its mission.
Scholarship applications will be considered holistically based on a student's academic record, taking into account test scores, grades and any special academic achievements. You must also be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
The Personal Statement forms an important part of the selection process. You should consider writing about your educational background; extracurricular activities; why you want to come to London; the impact that you've made in your community; what you will contribute to St Mary's University; and how this degree will benefit your future career.
Each scholarship is worth £3,000 off the cost of your first year tuition fee. These rewards are not renewable after the first year of study.
Each scholarship is worth £3,000 off the total cost of your tuition fee.
How do I apply?
St Mary's offer holders can apply using our online Overseas Student Scholarship Application Form.
If you have any questions about the application and selection procedure, please contact email@example.com.
Applications for 2016 entry have now closed.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted the scholarship application you will receive a confirmation email.
If you have been successful we will notify you by email with an official letter by 10th June 2016. The Scholarship award will then be automatically deducted from your first year's total tuition fee cost.
The HESPAL Scholarship is a joint award offered by the British Council and St Mary's University, Twickenham to help junior academic staff in Palestinian universities achieve an English Master's degree in a subject that will benefit their home institution in the Palestinian Territories.
HESPAL aims to help create the next generation of senior academics who can maintain international quality standards at Palestinian universities and also develop renewed, sustainable links between Palestinian and UK universities.
The participating Palestinian universities are:
The Scholarship covers the following:
Please note: the Scholarship does not cover the costs for accompanying family, visa fees and IELTS cost.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following supporting documents to British Council Palestine within given deadlines:
- Completed three copies of HESPAL application form (including details of two academic referees)
- Certified Proof of Palestinian nationality and Palestinian Territories residency
- Nomination letter from Palestinian university
- Proof of employment at university
- Proof of academic and work record (Such as transcript translated into English including grades for each year of study of bachelor's degree and certified copies of Master's degree and degree certificates)
- IELTS certificate 6.5 and above
- Signed contract between scholar and their university declaring that they will return to Palestine to their university on completion of Master's degree after 12 months
- Signed release form from scholar permitting the UK HEI to provide British Council and scholar's home institution with reports from their academic advisor
HESPAL is funded by:
HESPAL is managed and administered by British Council Palestine. For further details please visit the British Council website.