The programme design and innovation theme of the St Mary's Learning and Teaching Strategy aims to:
- Embed Curriculum Frameworks (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels)
- Expand and innovation via partnership, including building inward and outward student mobility (e.g. study abroad).
- Embed employability and career development within programmes.
- Flexing the academic year to provide greater flexibility for students.
- Implement a new programme design and approval process that encourages and supports innovation.
- Extend the breadth of our students’ learning e.g. via the provision of new UG interdisciplinary optional modules, and the number of programmes that integrate a Year in Placement.
- Create of an innovative Continuing Education offer that provides new opportunities for parttime study and professional development for a wider national and international audience.
Some areas of work within this themes of the Learning and Teaching Stretgy include:
- Introduction of a new Face-to-face PLUS (F2F+) brand for our learning and teaching approach.
- Introduction of a new online programme design and approval process to drive innovation in our ‘Offer’, with enhanced focus on students as co-creators.
- An enhanced focus on Widening Participation in programme design and quality assurance processes, plus impact evaluation of Widening Participation initiatives.
- Enhanced student mobility opportunities for example, our study abroad opportunities.
- More flexible academic year, with introduction of short 4 week semesters in January and June.
- New opportunities for students to engage with interdisciplinary study and modules.
- New Continuing Education programme providing enhanced CPD and personal development opportunities for a wider audience.
- Enhanced focus on experiential and applied learning with wider integration of placement modules, placement year programmes and pathways, internships and mentoring opportunities.
A full copy of the St Mary's Learning and Teaching Strategy detailing further information about our programme design and innovation theme can be viewed here: Learning and Teaching Strategy.
Alternatively, each section is available here: Secton 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4 and Section 5