In April 2022 a group of Muslim, Christian and Jewish scholars and students assembled at the Discalced Carmelite Priory of Toledo, Spain which was the base for a three-day inter-religious dialogue.
The Priory is built into the city walls of the great city and commands wide views over the surrounding plain. Here they reflected, dialogued and disputed together as well as visiting sites associated with the three cultures, including the mosques, synagogues and churches of the city.
It is anticipated that a publication will arise from the encounter in 2023 and that the debates will be available online. We shall be posting the outcomes of this dialogue on this post over the coming months.
The following outcomes are anticipated from the dialogue:
- To foster renewed inter-religious dialogue and be the basis of ongoing encounters
- To develop our understanding of Spanish medieval co-existence of the religions and how it may be relevant to the 21st Century situation
- Reflect on the current crisis of radicalisation and how this can be counteracted in the future
- Enable students to gain a Level 7 qualification in the area of interfaith dialogue
- Produce a high quality publication/social media contribution
We shall be posting the outcomes of this dialogue on this post over the coming months.
This venture has been made possible by the kindness of an anonymous donation.