This is a blended learning course which allows students the flexibility to study theory elements online at a time convenient to them using comprehensive E-resources. There will be six days of face-to-face workshops covering the practical components.
Dates and times
This six day course will run from 9am - 5pm on the following dates:
- 11th & 12th December 2021
- 15th & 16th January 2022
- 19th & 20th February 2022
The examination date will be Saturday 12th March 2022
- 16th & 17th April
- 14th & 15th May
- 18th & 19th June
The examination date will be an additional day and once agreed you will be notified by email.
The full cost is £950. The deposit cost is £150.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study the following modules:
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
You will be given access to the E-learning resources before your taught sessions so you can study these before the practical sessions which will take place on our campus in Twickenham.
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
These sessions are delivered over six days on our campus in Twickenham. You will also revise the topics you learnt via the E-learning resources.
The course is assessed via...
- Practical exam
- Portfolio of evidence including assignments, case studies and worksheets
Your practical exam will be a minimum of six weeks after the start of your course as you will need to take your client through a full six week training plan.
You must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing RQF or equivalent with the following components:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
It is advisable that you have a current First Aid Certificate. Candidates must also have good health, since the course involves a practical component. A sporting background is advantageous as well.
This course has elements of E-learning combined with taught sessions. We understand that our student's learning styles and needs are different and offer E-learning to allow greater flexibility. Upon enrolment, and a minimum of 3 weeks before the taught sessions, students are given access to our interactive online course materials. This will allow students to study at a time and a pace to suit them.
The Level 3 personal training qualification is designed for those 18-years-old and over. Whilst candidates younger than 18 are not barred, it is likely they will experience difficulty in obtaining the personal liability insurance cover needed to work in this area. The Level 3 certificate is intensive, and therefore requires home-based study on theoretical aspects.
Upon successful completion of this module you will be awarded a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) from Active IQ which is CIMSPA endorsed