This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and pursue a career in personal training.
This course is a blended learning course which allows students the flexibility to study theory elements online at a time convenient to them using comprehensive E-resources. There will be ten days of face-to-face workshops covering the practical components.
Dates and Times
All sessions run from 9am - 5pm.
The course will run across the following dates:
- Monday 16th - Thursday 19th November 2020
- Monday 4th - Wednesday 6th January 2021
- Monday 11th - Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Monday 22nd - Thursday 25th February 2021
- Monday 12th - Wednesday 14th April 2021
- Monday 19th - Wednesday 21st April 2021
- Monday 24th - Thursday 27th May 2021
- Monday 5th - Wednesday 7th July 2021
- Monday 12th - Wednesday 14th July 2021
The examination date will be an additional day for each course and once agreed you will be notified by email.
The full cost is £1,695. The deposit cost is £150.
Whilst enrolled on the Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training course you will develop your knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct gym-based exercise programmes for adults. You will also learn how to effectively support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity, through the following modular components:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise (level 2)
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (level 3)
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
You will be given access to the E-learning resources before your taught sessions so you can study these before the practical sessions which will take place on our campus in Twickenham.
- Exercise and physical activity client support
- Gym-based exercise planning
- Gym-based exercise instructing
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
These sessions are delivered over ten days on our campus in Twickenham. You will also revise the topics you learnt via the E-learning resources.
The course is assessed via...
- Multiple Choice Exam
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration
This course has elements of E-learning combined with taught sessions. We understand that our student's learning styles and needs are different and offer E-learning to allow greater flexibility. Upon enrolment, and a minimum of 3 weeks before the taught sessions, students are given access to our interactive online course materials. This will allow students to study at a time and a pace to suit them.
This is an entry level qualification for anyone without formal qualifications who wish to enter the fitness industry. This qualification is designed for those 18-years-old and over. Whilst candidates younger than 18 are not barred, it is likely they will experience difficulty in obtaining the personal liability insurance cover needed to work in this area. The Level 3 diploma is intensive, and therefore requires home-based study on theoretical aspects.
Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved.
It is advisable that you have a current First Aid Certificate. Candidates must also have good health, since the course involves a practical component. A sporting background is advantageous as well.
Upon successful completion of all units set by the external body, Active IQ, you will be awarded the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training (QCF).
REPs recognises this Active IQ qualification as being fit-for-purpose and eligible to be considered for inclusion in the 2017 16-19 Performance Tables as a Substantial Vocational Qualification.