This qualification is for those who wish to obtain a basic knowledge and understanding of human nutrition and how it affects health. Its objective is to provide learners with a basic knowledge of human nutrition and equip them with an awareness of the importance of healthy eating.
The qualification provides an introduction to the importance and principles of a well-balanced diet, current public health guidance on healthy eating and the relationship between diet and health.
Dates and times
This one-day course is available on:
The full cost is £99.
This course will cover the following:
- Government guidelines for a healthy balanced diet
- Key issues of concern for public health nutrition
- Identifying the reference intake values of key nutrients
- Foods which are important sources of key nutrients
- Nutrient requirements at different stages of the lifecycle
- The purpose of food labelling
- The nutritional and allergen information required on a food label
An examination which will consist of 20 multiple choice questions, to be completed in 45 minutes.
A candidate who is able to satisfy the learning outcomes will be awarded a score of at least 12 correct answers in the examination.
There are no recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. The RSPH does, however, recommend that candidates have a level of literacy and numeracy equivalent to Level 1. To enrol on this Level 1 Award in Nutrition for Health course you must be 18-years-old or over.
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will be awarded a Level 1 Award Certificate in Nutrition from The Royal Society for Public Health.
Learners who achieve this qualification can progress to the RSPH Level 2 Award in Nutrition for Health.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321