The Level 4 Award in Nutrition – RSPH (QCF) course is designed for those who require an understanding of nutrition and diet and their effect on health. This nutrition course is particularly relevant for you if you work in the health, fitness or catering professions, promoting healthy eating, preparation of meals or menus and diets. Whilst enrolled on the level 4 course you will study the nutritional requirements for a healthy diet, the effect of diet on health and the importance of hydration.
This award is a component of both the Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Physical Activity in Sport and the Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Institutional Food Services. You can attend an additional weekend course to achieve one of these qualifications.
Dates and times
This course is delivered over four days from 9am - 5.30pm on the follow dates:
- Saturday 5th - Sunday 6th and Saturday 19th - Sunday 20th October 2019
- Saturday 1st - Sunday 2nd and Saturday 15th - Sunday 16th February 2020
- Saturday 9th - Sunday 10thand Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th May 2020
The full cost is £575. The deposit cost is £50.
Whilst enrolled upon the nutrition course you will study the following topics:
- Sources functions and used of macro and micro nutrients
- Dietary sources of macro and micro nutrients
- Physiological functions of macro and micro nutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Energy, hydration and nutrient requirements at different lifetime stages
- Factors that affect nutrient requirements in relation to social, cultural, religious and ethnic groups
- Effects of diet on health
- Relationship between diet and disease
- Possible dietary influences for different groups
- Legislation as it relates to labelling and advertising of food
- Food labelling requirements
- Legal requirements in relation to health claims and nutrition claims
The course is assessed via:
To enrol on this Level 4 Award in Nutrition course you must be 18-years-old or over. It is recommended that learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*-C however exemptions may be made for adult returners with relevant experience.
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will be awarded a Level 4 Award Certificate in Nutrition from The Royal Society for Public Health.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321