Our Learn to Lift courses are designed to teach you how to safely lift weights and get fit, in a friendly and supportive environment. The sessions are limited to a maximum of ten participants; you will receive individual attention from the qualified staff that will ensure correct technique and advise.
The courses are run by Toby Mackay in the state of the art PEC (performance education centre) at St Mary's Univeristy campus based in Twickenham.
My focus was Olympic lifting and I loved every second of it! I returned around four or five times on this course before I moved out of the area. It is a brilliant way to socialise with like-minded people and allows you to work on the things that you struggle with in the gym with a world class coach.
Dates and times
These courses will run for ten Wednesdays from 6pm for beginners and at 7pm - 8.30pm for advanced (Olympic lifting).
- 5th October 2022 - 14th December 2022
- 18th January 2023 - 29th March 2023
- 19th April 2023 - 28th June 2023
This course will take place on our Main Campus, Twickenham.
£150 for Beginners 1-hour sessions at 6pm.
£225 for Advanced 90 minute sessions at 7pm.
The Learn to Lift course is run over a period of ten-weeks, and offers levels of difficulty to cater for all experience and fitness abilities, from complete beginners to budding lifters.
- Beginners: An introduction to weight and strength training. This course will suit you if you have little to no gym experience. The focus of the course will be on movement coordination and the learning of a series of exercises. Ideal for those are looking to increase load and variability into your gym routine. Will cover basic lifts such a squat, deadlift and benchpress.
- Advanced: An introduction to Olympic Lifting. This course will suit you if you have considerable gym experience and are looking to learn or improve your Olympic weightlifting, for example snatch and, clean and jerk which will be covered.
To enrol on this course you must be 18-years-old or over.