Venue: St Mary’s University,
Date: Thursday 18th - Saturday 20th June 2015
On 18th June 2015 over one hundred delegates from five continents – academics, contemplatives, clergy and lay people – gathered to celebrate the life and work of the great ‘Santa’ of Avila – Teresa of Jesus, whose 500th birthday is celebrated this year... Read More
A major International Conference to celebrate the Teresian Quincentenary, jointly sponsored by the British and Irish Carmelites, Heythrop College, Sarum College, St Mary’s University, Twickenham, and the Mystical Theology Network.
This conference will explore the mystical theology and spirituality of Teresa of Avila from a variety of interdisciplinary perspectives. Arising in the context of the late medieval Carmelite tradition, the conference will pay attention to the origins of her interpretation of the tradition and how this has given rise itself to multiple new discourses.
Leading academics and practitioners in the field will discuss the importance of Teresa from historical, philosophical, pastoral, ecumenical, psychological and aesthetic perspectives.
- Ascetic Eros. Love and Body in Mystical Union: St Teresa of Avila and St Gregory Palamas (PDF)
- Santa Teresa la conversa: are there Jewish influences in the writings of Teresa of Avila? (PDF)
- Teresa's Advice on Visions: how helpful is it today? (PDF)
- Transforming Love; Wounded Christ: Some Teresian Insights into Estate Ministry (PDF)
- Translations of The Ecstasy of St Teresa of Avila (PDF)
- Translations of The Ecstasy of St Teresa of Avila (Powerpoint)
- The Way of Perfection (PDF)
For more information please contact the InSpiRe Administrator: