Once you arrive, we also provide an airport pick up service and full International Orientation to help you settle in. We look forward to welcoming you in London!
London is served by three international airports: Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted.
If you would like to use our airport pick-up service, you should arrive at Heathrow Airport on the morning of International Arrivals Day.
Pick-up service from Heathrow Airport
We offer an airport pick up service on International Arrivals Day. Please make sure you arrive at the airport by 1pm to take advantage of this.
We will update this page nearer the time with information on how to book the service.
St Mary’s staff will meet you in the seating area near the Tourist Information Desk in the Terminal 3 arrivals hall.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Departure date and time
- Departure city/airport. If you have a connecting flight, please give the details for the flight that lands in London, rather than the flight that leaves your home city.
- Airline and flight number
- Destination airport and terminal
- Arrival date and time
Meeting us at Heathrow Airport
- Once you have been through passport control, picked up your luggage from the baggage hall and come through customs (follow the ‘Nothing to declare’ sign), you will walk through to the arrivals hall.
- If your flight arrives in Terminal 3, turn right as you exit the arrivals area and look for the St Mary’s University staff member near the Tourist Information desk.
- If you arrive at another terminal, follow Heathrow’s instructions for travelling to Terminal 3.
- When you reach the Terminal 3 arrivals hall, look for the St Mary’s University staff member near the Tourist Information desk.
Making your own way to St Mary's
Students living on-campus
If you arrive in London early and are living in university accommodation, please make your way to campus before 3pm on International Arrivals Day to check into your room.
If you are making your own way to campus and you have a lot of luggage, you may want to take a black cab from the airport. From Heathrow to the campus in Waldegrave Road you should expect to pay around £50. Make sure to budget for this and have local currency or a credit card available for payment. If you book an Uber or other car service, make sure to follow the instructions for where to meet your driver at the airport.
You can also take public transportation to campus, though this is not recommended if you have a lot of luggage. The Transport for London website has a journey planner function.
- Postcode: TW1 4SX
- Nearest train station: Strawberry Hill
- Closest bus route: 33
Location maps and directions for alternative modes of transport are available.
Students living off-campus
If you are not living in St Mary’s housing and are making your own way to the campus, please arrive at St Mary’s at 9am on the first day of International Orientation to get the most from the programme.
Arriving earlier or later
We strongly advise that you arrive on International Arrivals Day. St Mary’s accommodation will not be available before International Arrivals Day, and there is no place to store luggage or other items.
If you are making alternative arrangements to get to campus, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.