We have recently launched a new application system. Before starting your application, please ensure you have selected the correct application link.
If you experience difficulties with the application, please email email@example.com.
You will need to have the following documents available to complete your application:
- Current transcript from your home university or a completion certificate and transcript of your marks if you are applying after completing high school.
- If you are not from an English-speaking country, you will need to provide proof of your English language level.
- A scan of the photo and information page of your passport. If you are applying for a new passport, you can provide this information later.
- A short statement in Word or PDF format telling us why you would like to study at St Mary’s University. Your personal statement only needs to be one to two paragraphs.
- Please note that we no longer require academic references from most applicants but may request one in some circumstances.
- If you apply for Study Abroad + Internship or Erasmus + Internship, please use the appropriate link for your application. After you are accepted, you will receive a follow up email requesting more information about your background and professional interests.
- Fill in your personal details.
- Select ‘Yes’ to add a correspondence address.
- Correspondence Address: Fill in the contact information for your home university’s Study Abroad/Erasmus Coordinator. Norwegian students applying through SONOR should fill in their advisor’s information here.
- Select ‘No’ unless you are applying through an agent.
- If you are applying through an agent, select the correct agent from the drop-down list (i.e. SONOR).
- Fill in your home institution and country. If you’re a Norwegian applying after completing Videregående Skole, fill in the details of your high school.
- Qualification: Select ‘Other’. Input your current major. Norwegian students should input ‘High School.’
- Select the subject closest to your major from the long drop-down list.
- Completed: Select ‘no.’ Norwegians students, select ‘yes’ if coming from high school.
- Expected grade: Enter current GPA or average (if known)
- Expected/Completion Date: Enter the date you expect to complete your current degree. Norwegians should select the date you completed high school.
- Fill in your language of instruction, if not English.
- Upload your current transcript.
- Norwegian students should upload the Videregående transcript of marks and certificate of completion, if available.
English Language Qualifications
- If you are from an English-speaking country or studying at a US or Australian institution, select ‘no.’
- Otherwise, select ‘yes’ and provide proof of your English language level.
- Have you been out of education for more than 6 months? Select ‘no.
- Upload a short statement telling us why you would like to study at St Mary’s. One or two paragraphs is plenty.
Passport and Visa
- Provide the requested information. Only mark that you are a dual citizen if it applies to you.
- Upload a copy of the picture and information pages of your passport.
- If you are applying for a new passport, you can provide passport information at a later date. Please allow plenty of time to receive your passport before travelling, particularly if you require a visa.
Do you require a student visa to study in the UK?
- Answer ‘yes’ only if you are from a non-EU/EEA country AND plan to participate in an internship AND/OR you intend to study with us for a full academic year.
- Answer ‘no’ if you are from an EU/EEA country OR you plan to study with us for a single semester without participating in an internship.
- Please note, this information is correct at the time of writing and will be updated in line with Brexit developments for EU/EEA students. Check the UK government’s latest visa guidelines.
- Do you have a reference to upload? Select ‘no’. Provide the information of your Study Abroad/Erasmus Coordinator at your home university.
- What is your likely source of funding? Select ‘other.’
- Please specify: Indicate if you are exchange, self-funded or sponsored by your home university. If you do know, leave this blank for now.
- Percentage: 100% Submission
- Can we pass your information to SMULIC? Select ‘no.’
- Tick both boxes and hit submit.
Thanks for applying! You’ll hear from us soon with information about next steps