ISAK practitioners are required to reaccredit their qualification every four years after gaining their initial accreditation.
This one-day course will be delivered by programme director and Level 3 Anthropometrist, James Fleming, here at St Mary's University. The course is designed to refresh and re-examine your skills and accuracy and will allow you to continue to use your ISAK accreditation.
You will cover a recap of best practice protocols, any updates from ISAK and you will have time to practice before the reaccreditation exam which will be held on the afternoon of the course.
Dates and times
There are no dates currently in place. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
This course will be held at our main university campus in Twickenham.
The full course fee is £160.
The course will cover the following elements:
- revision of key theoretical components of the ISAK course
- a revisit of practical skills including the measurement of a Restricted Profile (height, mass, eight skinfolds, five girths, two breadths) adhering to ISAK standards
- best practice protocols
- updates on ISAK protocol.
- A practical examination measuring the bodies of three individuals.
- Demonstration of accuracy and precision in the assessment of a Restricted Profile. The demonstration will be assessed on intra-tester reliability (how repeatable your own measurements are) and inter-tester reliability (how accurate you are compared with criterion measures).
- You will also be required to make a submission of 20 post course profiles within a four-month period.
Upon successful completion of the course on the day including the submission and subsequent verification of your 20 profiles, you will receive the Level 1 ISAK Anthropometry course accreditation (valid for four years) and ISAK membership that will allow you to continue practice.
In order to enrol on this course, you must already hold a Level 1 ISAK qualification which is due to expire. We will ask you to provide a copy of your qualification when you apply.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses Team: