Tel: 020 8240 2322
Kyriaki Myrissa is a lecturer in Nutrition and Health and Exercise Science. Her research focuses on appetite and body weight control, predictors of weight loss and weight loss maintenance, functional foods and wellbeing and research methods. She obtained a BSc in Psychology (2009) from the University of Leeds where she began her research career with a Masters by Research (2011) and continued with completing her PhD (2016) entitled “Putting the person back into weight loss and weight loss maintenance: the role of affect, cognition, behaviour and motivation”.
She has experience working on nutritional projects using advanced quantitative methods in order to investigate effects of functional foods on physiological and psychological wellbeing. Her research interests lie within weight management, obesity, diabetes and any other chronic diseases. She is also interested in the design, implementation and evaluation of complex lifestyle interventions aiming to improve health in adults and children.
- James, B. L., Loken, E., Roe, L. S., Myrissa, K., Lawton, C. L., Dye, L., & Rolls, B. J. (2018). Validation of the Diet Satisfaction Questionnaire: a new measure of satisfaction with diets for weight management. Obesity Science & Practice.1-9.
- Boyle, N. B., Lawton, C., Arkbåge, K., West, S. G., Thorell, L., Hofman, D., Weeks, A., Myrissa, K., Croden, F., & Dye, L. (2016). Stress responses to repeated exposure to a combined physical and social evaluative laboratory stressor in young healthy males. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 63, 119-127.
- Lamport, D., Lawton, C.L., Merat, N., Jamson, H., Myrissa, K., Hofman, D., Chadwick, H.K., Quadt, F., Wightman, J.D. and Dye, L. (2016). Concord grape juice, cognitive function, and driving performance: a 12-wk, placebo-controlled, randomized crossover trial in mothers of preteen children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 103 (5), 1-9.
- Yahya, H. M., Day, A., Lawton, C., Myrissa, K., Croden, F., Dye, L. and Williamson, G. (2016). Dietary intake of 20 polyphenol subclasses in a cohort of UK women. European Journal of Nutrition, 55 (5), 1839–1847.
- Lasikiewicz, N., Myrissa, K., Hoyland, A. and Lawton, C. L. (2013). Psychological Benefits of Weight Loss: A Systematic Review. Appetite, 72, 123–
- Lawton, C.L., Struthers, L., Hoyland, A., Myrissa, K. and Dye, L. (2011). Effects of increasing dietary fibre on psychological wellbeing. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, 58 (suppl 3): 266.
For media enquiries, please contact our Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Sam Yarnold, by emailling firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8240 8262.