The Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement is designed for you to build an understanding of the principles of promoting health and wellbeing. You will learn how to direct individuals towards practical support in their efforts to attain a healthier lifestyle.
This course is especially appropriate for those actively involved in workplace and community health.
Dates and Times
- Monday 21st January 2019, 9am - 4.30pm
This course will be based at The Exchange, opposite Twickenham Railway Station.
The full cost of this one-day course is £175.
Please visit Health and Wellbeing Services for more information.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study to:
- Understand how inequalities in health may develop and what the current policies are for addressing these
- Understand how effective communication can support health messages
- Understand how to promote improvements in health and well-being to individuals
- Understand the impact of change on improving an individual’s health and wellbeing
The course is assessed via
One multiple choice exam paper.
There are no entry requirements to enrol on this course. Although it is recommended that you have literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to Level 1.
Upon successful completion of this course students are awarded the Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321