- Location: Main campus, Library (room H3)
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 020 8240 4055
Our purpose is to enable you to make the most of your time at university, developing your interests, skills and experience to achieve your career aspirations.
You can seek careers support from day one of your degree and this support remains available long after you graduate. and our team of experienced Careers Consultants offer confidential, impartial advice and guidance, help with finding relevant work, volunteering and further study opportunities.
Whenever you are in your career journey, from 'I have no idea what I want to do after university', to 'I'm ready to apply for the job/further study course that I want' and everything in between, we can support you. We are here to provide you with information, advice and guidance about anything careers-related, including:
- Career planning; exploring or choosing jobs/careers
- Support and practical tips if you are thinking about changing or leaving your course
- Finding and applying for jobs (networking, CV, cover letters and application forms)
- Getting experience (internships, placements, part-time work, volunteering, holiday work, gap year options, etc.)
- Interview preparation and practice
- Successfully applying for a graduate job, further study or teacher training
- Starting your own business or becoming self-employed
Find out more about how we can help you on our webpages.
Accredited Workplace Learning (WPL) modules
We offer a range of unique and innovative 20-credit modules in a variety of programmes, most of which incorporate a Work Placement. Our Placement Team works with you to help you find the most suitable placement for your interests and goals. We run placement workshops the semester before the module runs, to ensure students are well prepared and setup in a placement ready to start when the module begins. We also offer entrepreneurship and business start-up modules designed for those who want to set up and run their own business in the future. Further information can be found on our webpage.
By searching our jobs board CareerConnect, you can find many opportunities to develop professional experience. We advertise part-time work and volunteering opportunities online and through a jobs fair each year.
There are a range of different work opportunities available, depending on your interests and experience you want to gain. As well as the workplace learning modules, we advertise a range of paid internships of varying lengths to give you flexible options to get the professional experience you need. If you have chosen a degree with a placement year, we will support you to find a year-long professional placement.