Globalisation, Governance and the Digital Economy is a group of scholars that has focused research efforts on the Private Sector.
Among their research interests are the following: business management and business model innovation for Social Purpose; globalisation, diversity and comparative research; innovation policy, governance and regulatory affairs; management education and impact, international education for growth; international knowledge transfer, competitiveness and sustainability; digitalization and its implications for business models, strategy, marketing and organisation; platforms and digitalisation of services.
This is an open research community inviting academics and practitioners from different background and disciplines to participate in our scholarly activities. Members of the research cluster work on research projects leading to publications, including applied research and consulting, private sector training, coaching and development, doctoral students supervision.
Members of the research cluster are engaged in a diverse portfolio of research activities, including:
- Business Models, Strategy, and Strategic Co-alignment
- Business Platforms, Ecosystems, Data and Digitalisation
- Management Education / Education Management, Pedagogy, Education Policy and Higher Education Models, Excelling in Student Experience
- Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Innovation Systems and Models
- SMEs and Entrepreneurship
- Multimedia and Education
- Project management
- Public and social policy evaluation
- Chanour Faical
Supervisors: Merlin Stone and Kathleen Fincham
- Luisa Winzierl
Supervisors: Lubna Ahmed
- Maheswaran Lakshmipriya
Supervisors: Guglielmo Calvini, Eleni Aravopoulou and Mahendra Raj
- Sanjay Sakhran
Supervisors: Mahendra Raj
All research degree students at St Mary’s are part of the Doctoral College.
- Global value chains
- High tech farming in Europe – 23 regions
- Smart specialisation strategies and regional development
- Triple helix engagement
- RRI – responsible research and innovation and OS – Open Science
- Global biopharma
- Global telecommunications
- The role of analysts in providing forecasts of IT development
- Fostering improved training tools for responsible research and innovation
- Todeva, E and Ketikidis, P (2017). Regional Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management: Actors, Helices and Consensus Space, Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy, 5 (1): 57-76, ISSN 2392-8042.
- Todeva, E and Ketikidis, P (2017).Managing the Triple Helix’: Regions as Place-Based and Industry-Based Political Arenas,Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy, 5 (1), 9-12, , ISSN 2392-8042.
- Stone M, Spero I & Aravopoulou E (2017) Multiple Helices as Agents of Change? The Case of the Neighbourhoods of the Future Project and the Development of Direction for Policy and Practice on Health, Happiness and Wellbeing for the next Generation of Older Adults, Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy 5 1, 97-117.
- Fincham, K, Dunne, M, Durrani, N & Crossuard, B. (2017) Troubling Muslim Youth Identities: Nation, Religion, Gender. London: Palgrave.
- Todeva, E and Danson, M (2016) ‘Regional Dimensions of the Triple Helix Model’, Industry and Higher Education, 30 (1): 5-12, DOI: 10.5367/ihe.2016.0294.
- Danson, M and Todeva, E (2016) ‘Government and Governance of Regional Triple Helix Interactions’, Industry and Higher Education,30 (1): 13-26, DOI:10.5367/ihe.2016.0293.
- Boaventura, J, Carnaúba, A, Todeva, E, Azevedo, A. and Armando, E. (2016) ‘Governance Structures and Trust: a Study of Real Estate Networks’, Journal on Chain and Network Science, 16(2): 157-170, DOI: 10.3920/JCNS2015.0008.
- Todeva, E, (2016) ‘Network Management and Governance’, 1092-1101, in: R. Alhajj, J. Rokne (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining, Springer, ISBN 978-1-4614-6171-5, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4614-7163-9_70-1.
- Mitsakis, F and Aravopoulou, E (2016). The Impact of the Economic Crisis upon Human Resource Development (HRD): Evidence from two Greek Banks. International Journal of HRD Practice, Policy and Research, 1(2), 67-82.
- Aravopoulou, E and Malone, C (2016). An examination of the strategic decision-making when organisational changes are introduced. The Business and Management Review, 7(5), 31- 60.
- Stone M, (2016) Business to business competitive marketing: Practice and Literature, Journal of Customer Behaviour 15 1 3-14.
- Stone M and Laughlin P, (2016) How interactive marketing is changing in consumer financial services, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing 10 4 338-256.
- Stone M, Stott R and Fae J, (2016) Business models in the business to business and business to consumer worlds – what can each world learn from the other, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing 31 8 943-954.
- Fincham, K (with Dunne, M., Durrani, N. & Crossuard, B.) (2014) Youth Researching Youth: reflections from a multi-country study of youth claiming rights to education and sexual/reproductive health. In S. Bastien and H. Holmarsdottir (eds), Youth at the margins: experiences from engaging youth in research worldwide. Rotterdam: Sense.
- Stone M, (2014) The new (and ever-evolving) direct and digital marketing ecosystem, Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice, 16 2 71-74
- Stone M, (2014) Building Digital Skills through Training, Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice 16 1 3-14
- Stone M and Woodcock N, (2014) Interactive, direct and digital marketing – a future that depends on better use of business intelligence, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing 8 1 4-17
- Stone M and Woodcock N, (2013) Social Intelligence in Customer Engagement, Journal of Strategic Marketing 21 5 394-401
- Fincham, K (2013) Constructions, Contradictions and Reconfigurations of 'Manhood' among Youth in Palestinian Camps in Lebanon. International Journal of Educational Development, 37: 48-56.
- Fincham, K (2013) Shifting Youth Identities and Notions of Citizenship in the Palestinian Diaspora: the case of Lebanon. In D. Kiwan (ed) Naturalization Policies, Education and Citizenship: Multicultural and Multi-nation Societies in International Perspective. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Fincham, K (with Dunne, M., Durrani, N. & Crossuard, B.) (2013) Youth as Active Citizens Report: youth working towards their rights to education and sexual reproductive health. University of Sussex/ Oxfam Novib