St Mary’s University is fully committed to creating an inclusive culture by promoting equality of opportunity and respecting difference amongst its staff, students and other stakeholders.
The University has a long tradition of widening access to education for all, while fostering respect and mutual tolerance in society as a whole, in line with its mission and Catholic identity. Our equality, diversity and inclusion ambitions are complemented by the contemporary theological reflection recognising that each human being is unique and valued.
The University has six active staff networks and encourages participation in network activities and events. Our networks are always welcoming new members:
As part of our efforts to create an inclusive culture, we are utilising several charters frameworks to better our campus environment for all community members:
- We are addressing gender equality by working towards an Athena SWAN Small and Specialist Institution Bronze award.
- We are addressing racial equality by working towards a Race Equality Charter Bronze award.
- We are currently an employer who is Disability Confident Committed, and are working to ensure:
- Our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Our vacancies are communicated and promoted through a broad range of channels
- We offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria
- We anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments for staff as required
- We support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
For more information regarding our equality charters work, or to get in touch with specific staff network groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.