All St Mary's accommodation rental agreements include 14 meals per week during term time only, which are taken as seven evening meals, five breakfasts and brunch at the weekend.
Meals are taken in the University Refectory - commonly called 'the Ref' by students - during the allocated timeslots.
If you live in St Mary's accommodation, you must use SimmPay Cashless Rewards system to claim your meals in the Refectory. Your meal credits/ meal points will automatically be loaded onto your SimmPay account. Your meal credits will reset daily on weekdays and after every meal period on weekends.
- Breakfast: 8-10am
- Dinner: 4.30-7.30pm
- Brunch: 10.30am-12.30pm
- Dinner: 4.30-6.30pm.
How it works
Students get 10 meal points each weekday: 3 for breakfast, 7 for dinner. On weekends, students get 7 points for brunch and 7 points for dinner.
Add additional funds to your SimmPay account and get loyalty rewards when you use SimmPay in catering outlets.
- Collect 5% loyalty rewards for every £1 you spend on retail items, bottled drinks and packed snacks, you collect 5 loyalty points (worth 5p)
- Earn free coffee vouchers when you buy 9 hot drinks you'll get your 10th free!
If you have a replacement ID card, please link the new ID card to your SimmPay account in the Refectory. Please speak to a Catering Team Leader in The Refectory for any assistance.
Please note there are no refunds for meals not taken.
Sign up to SimmPay
- Download the SimmPay app
- Register for an account with your St Mary’s email
- Link your ID card to your SimmPay account in the Refectory when on campus
All other Students / Students joining the meal plan mid-term.
Meal plan guidelines
- Residents can have lunch in the Refectory on a cash only basis - weekday lunch is not included in the Meal Plan.
- Each student is entitled to only one main course per meal.
- The dining room is a self-clear area.
- ID cards are not transferrable and cannot be used by other students for meals.
- Meal points over your entitlement will incur a charge.
- No ID card, no meal.
- Students can also use the Catering Cashless App (SIMMpay) to manage their catering account.
Code of conduct
We are here to be of service to you. In return we expect you to...
- Be considerate towards other customers
- Treat our staff with respect
- Treat catering equipment and furniture with care
- Clear your trays onto the conveyor belt after meals and discard any rubbish in the bins
- Present your ID card to cashiers if you are a student or staff member
- Not to consume alcoholic drinks on the premises
Please note that failure to observe the above may lead to disciplinary action.
St Mary's Catering and Bar Services
Tel: 020 8240 4069