Claire has a degree in History and Italian, and has undertaken a number of professional training programmes in management and coaching, during her career in higher education. She has worked in a variety of professional management support roles in several universities, within the UK.
As Head of Research Services, Claire manages and coordinates research development and support across the University. Her role covers:
- Developing and implementing research strategy
- Managing the doctoral degree programme
- Coordinating submission to the Research Excellence Framework and other the external submissions
- Supporting academic staff in applying for external research funding
- Research governance – ethics and research integrity.